ProperLilian Why Do Businesses Fail

Why do Businesses Fail?

3 Reasons Why Businesses Fail.

Most companies struggle to reach a 10-year milestone. When I say “most,” I mean 97% of them. The remaining 3% are not necessarily lucky; they have either overcome failures or are practically prepared for them. All businesses experience failure at some point, just as people make mistakes. However, being prepared for failure increases the chances of your business surviving. Calculated failures are manageable, but what truly poses a risk is fundamental errors and the inability to understand the root causes of failure in order to address them.

Now, let’s dive into the three main reasons why businesses fail and are at high risk of shutting down:

The product is not good enough:

When creating products and services, we aim to solve our customers’ problems. Therefore, during the design phase, it’s crucial to focus on our target audience, their needs and wants. Even if you have a brilliant idea, it doesn’t guarantee that customers will be willing to pay for it. Real Estate competition is fierce. To succeed, listen closely to your audience’s desires and read between the lines to understand what they value. Remember, people pay for things they find valuable, not just what you think is valuable. Ensure that your product quality and design align with their standards.

The product is not properly marketed:

You may have developed an amazing product or service for your audience, but unless you let your audience know about it, nobody will be able to buy it. Marketing is essential. It encompasses everything you do, both offline and online, to reach the public and engage with your audience. The more marketing efforts you invest in, the better you can outpace your competition. Neglecting marketing entirely could be disastrous for your company. Consider diversifying across multiple channels but be cautious not to overspend and impact efficiency by spreading your budget too thin.

Not Reinvesting in Your Company, Especially in the Beginning:

New company owners often succumb to the temptation of using all their profits to upgrade their lifestyle. However, profitability doesn’t automatically make you richer or justify a shift to a lavish lifestyle. While new companies may have a promising start, it’s essential to recognize that ongoing success is not guaranteed. Market fluctuations are inevitable, and having a safety capital for rainy days or reinvesting to achieve higher goals is the wisest choice for the company’s future. Being prepared to face challenges ensures long-term viability and profitability. Additionally, separating business and personal accounts helps make informed decisions.

Remember, while you can’t entirely prevent failure, preparation, patience, and resilience are key to handling it effectively.

Sharing is Caring ;)


Hi, I am Lilian!
I have a long lasting relationship with Marketing, Advertising and Real Estate. This blog's purpose is to share my stories with you. I hope you find them useful and enjoyable.

Articles: 20

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *